Marinated & Grilled Cauliflower Roasted in Semolina – 1st Blog Hop
3rd Aug & First Blog Hop Wednesday!!! Blog Hop Wednesdays is a brainchild of Radhika of Tickling Palates and I am delighted to be a part of it. She came up with this wonderful group so that we take time for other blogs around us and give the recipes due notice & consideration. She divided all willing girls/ ladies into groups & then within groups partners were made. So for this Wednesday, I go through my partners blog – choose & re-create a recipe from her blog & post it on 3rd Aug & she does the same for my blog. Next week the partners are shuffled so that we get to explore as many blogs, recipes as possible . I think it is wonderful way of appreciating & acknowledging tremendous efforts gone into making each recipe/ photo/ post.
For the first Blog Hop my partner assigned is Archana of The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen. She resides in Goa and have some very interesting local delights posted on her blog. I was very confused while choosing recipes – there was so much I wanted to try! What I loved most about her blog was the simplicity with which she creates her recipes – no fancy ingredients, no hi-fi equipments. Just basics and you are done.
Keeping with the essence of her blog (as I perceived it) I chose a simple recipe with even simpler ingredients – Cauliflower Rava Fry. I also chose this recipe as both V & I love cauliflower & experimenting with it. It is also one of the veggies which tastes very good with crunchy flavors.
As Archana very nicely pointed out to me that we both are ‘confusing’ & ‘mad’ in our kitchens, I decided to create this recipe with my touch – I added curd & lemon juice to the marinade & grilled it instead of shallow frying it.
Marinated & Grilled Cauliflower Roasted in Semolina –
Recipe Source – adapted from Archana of The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen
- 1 – Cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp – Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp – Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp – Curd
- 1 Tbsp – Semolina
- to taste – Salt
- Oil for brushing
- Clean & break the cauliflower into florets of your size. Medium should be good as it will allow uniform grilling.
- In a bowl, mix together all spices, curd & lemon juice. Add florets & mix them using a spoon or hand so that they are evenly covered with marinade. Cover with a lid & allow to marinate for few hours. I left it overnight. If you are leaving it longer then keeping it in fridge would save it from going bad.
- When you are ready to grill, add semolina and mix well. Spread the cauliflower in a baking tray or rotisserie, spread evenly & pour the marinate on top.
- Brush with oil lightly & grill on high stand/rack for 20-25 mins until done. In between turn the florets around so that they can be grilled from all sides.
- Serve hot with chutney. We had it as snack with drinks.
For me it has become a keeper recipe. I loved the crunchy & healthy taste of cauliflower. It is perfect as a snack or a finger food for a child. Thank you Archana for allowing me to visit your space and giving me this wonderful recipe. Hop on to her blog for some more simply amazing recipes.
My next partner for Blog Hop is Monika of Sinamon Tales & I can’t wait to visit her blog & have fun.