Eggless Choco-chip & Oats Cookies – Chocolate Rasoi – Part 4
Another of Chocolate Rasoi Recipe. Though there are just 6 recipes, I feel that I’ve been writing only workshop posts… illusion!
We did basic Choco-chip & marble cookies in various shapes during the workshop. However, I didn’t want to do the same again, so I replaced 60 gms flour with oats, reduced chocolate chips by 20 gms, added 60 gm brown sugar, 1/2 tsp baking soda & 1 tsp cinnamon powder.
Recipe Source – Loosely adapted from Chocolate Rasoi Workshop
- 140 gm – All Purpose Flour
- 60 gms – Rolled Oats (Instant Cook type)
- 120 gm – Unsalted Butter
- 60 g – Castor Sugar
- 60 g – Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp – Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp – Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp – Baking Soda
- 4 Tbsp – Fine Semolina
- 100 gm – Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp – Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Tbsp – Milk (optional, if required)
- Sieve together flour, semolina, baking powder, baking soda & cinnamon powder.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, castor sugar & brown sugar till light & fluffy. Add vanilla essence. Beat for couple of minutes.
- Add dry mixture & oats to wet mixture slowly with your finger tips till it resembles bread crumbs. Slowly knead a soft dough with your hands. I had to add 1 Tbsp milk as my dough was too crumbly.
- Wrap the prepared dough in cling film & place it in fridge for 1/2 hour.
- In the meantime, pre-heat the oven to 180 C. Grease the baking tray.
- Remove the dough from fridge, roll in chocolate chips slowly kneading it again.
- Break the dough into small balls and gently press them into discs.
- Place these discs onto the prepared tray 1 inch apart from sides & each other.
- With the help of a fork, make small indentations on the upper layer of cookies. If desired, add some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes till golden brown or done.
- Cool on a wire rack & allow to cool. Store them in an air-tight container.
With so many changes, I was having nightmares about the final verdict for the cookies. I guess my wait will be longer.. psst… a new recipe from these very cookies ;) I’m carrying these cookies along with Tutti-Fruity Cake for my aunt in Mumbai.