I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve made this, every time it has been a winner. From V to his friends, relatives, family etc, they all love it. For us vegetarians, this is in close running for Best Kebabs, beside Hara Bhara Kebab & Dahi ke Kebab. As I’ve been singing praises of my mother’s food post after post, you guys must be sick of it, so I won’t bore you further – just suffice to say it is really awesome snack/ breakfast/ starter for drinks.
Channe ke Kebabs (Black Chickpea Kebabs) -
Recipe Source – My mother
- 250 gms – Black Channa
- 2 medium – Onions (finely chopped)
- 3-4 – Green Chillies
- 2 Tbsp – Cornflour
- 1 tsp – Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli Powder
- Salt – to taste
- a pinch – Asafoetida
- Soak channa overnight. Boil it with little salt & then allow it to cool.
- Drain water (preserve as stock for innumerable uses) & coarsely ground channas once it is cooled. Add little water to grind if required.
- Mix in onions, chillies & other ingredients.
- Now form into small balls, slightly press them to flatten & deep fry them. Serve hot with chutney.
This is as easy as a recipe can get. V demands it quite frequently. Don’t just go by my word, try them and enjoy. pssst… the photo is quite terrible, my old photography days, please excuse.
Sending Black Channa Kebabs to What’s on your Kebab Platter by Khushi of A Girl’s Diary Her Diary has turned 1 this year, I can anticipate how she must be feeling as I’m also looking forward to reaching that milestone, though a long way to go for me. She has giveaways – for Best Veg Kebab, Best Non-veg Kebab & Best Pic (I loose for sure here ) Hop onto her blog to know more & participate.