Channe ke Kebab – Black Chickpea Kebabs
I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve made this, every time it has been a winner. From V to his friends, relatives, family etc, they all love it. For us vegetarians, this is in close running for Best Kebabs, beside Hara Bhara Kebab & Dahi ke Kebab. As I’ve been singing praises of my mother’s food post after post, you guys must be sick of it, so I won’t bore you further – just suffice to say it is really awesome snack/ breakfast/ starter for drinks.
Channe ke Kebabs (Black Chickpea Kebabs) –
Recipe Source – My mother
- 250 gms – Black Channa
- 2 medium – Onions (finely chopped)
- 3-4 – Green Chillies
- 2 Tbsp – Cornflour
- 1 tsp – Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli Powder
- Salt – to taste
- a pinch – Asafoetida
- Soak channa overnight. Boil it with little salt & then allow it to cool.
- Drain water (preserve as stock for innumerable uses) & coarsely ground channas once it is cooled. Add little water to grind if required.
- Mix in onions, chillies & other ingredients.
- Now form into small balls, slightly press them to flatten & deep fry them. Serve hot with chutney.
This is as easy as a recipe can get. V demands it quite frequently. Don’t just go by my word, try them and enjoy. pssst… the photo is quite terrible, my old photography days, please excuse.