Noodles Cutlet – 2 Minute Maggi Cutlet
Some time ago, V’s colleague invited us over. She is a north-Indian & dishes up very tasty food more to the taste we like. She also has many quick snacks & sandwich recipes up her sleeve. Everytime I’ve been to her place, she has treated us to a new snack. And V would gorge telling me with his mouth full to replicate the same snack at home.
Well I obliged him this time and made Noodles Cutlet which she served us. What I liked about this snack was use of maggi to create a cutlet. I never ever thought it. She rolls the cutlets in bread crumbs, I felt that adding them into the batter makes them more stable while frying.
Noodles Cutlet –
Recipe Source – minimally adapted from A friend
- 1/2 Cup – White Sauce
- 1/4 Cup – Finely Chopped Carrot
- 1/4 Cup – Finely Chopped Capsicum
- 3-4 – Cheese Cubes
- 2 – Maggi Noodles (2 chunks of Maggi, usually a single pack contains one chunk of twisted noodles)
- 1/4 Cup – Bread Crumbs or Crushed Rusk
- to taste – Salt
- to taste – Pepper
- Boil Maggi without the tastemaker. Cook Maggi as per packet instructions. Do NOT add tastemaker. Allow them to cool.
- Grate cheese cubes.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients – noodles, cheese, carrot, capsicum, white sauce, bread crumbs, salt & pepper.
- Make small round balls & flatten them into discs gently.
- Deep fry and serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
This is a very filling snack & perfect for kids as it contains richness of veggies & cheese. You can add as many and as little veggies you want. The sauce needs to be of right consistency or the batter may become to watery.