For Ved’s Birthday I felt my 9-inch Sachertorte would not suffice, so I decided to bake some cupcakes which can be handed over to the kids and create less mess than giving them slices.
I reduced the quantity of sugar. Also, after the addition of dry & wet mixture I felt the batter was too thick, so I increased the quantity of juice.
I spread some cooled ganache on top of it & decorated with home-made Rainbow Sprinkles. The sprinkles looked beautiful but slightly crushed when I picked them up. I have used them for the first time so can’t say if that’s how they always behave.
The cupcakes were very tasty & kids ate loads of them. It was worth all the effort put in. Ganache is going to be my favorite go to frosting for a kid party.
Eggless Chocolate Orange Cupcakes -
Recipe Source – loosely adapted from Baking Bites
- 1 1/2 Cups – APF
- 1/2 Cup – Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup – Sugar
- 1 tsp – Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp – Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp – Salt
- 1 Cup – Juice, I used freshly squeezed (use 3/4 cup as per original recipe & increase if you require more)
- 1/2 Cup – Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp – Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liner.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, oil, vanilla & orange zest.
- Pour the dry mixture in the wet mixture & stir until just combined.
- Distribute batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & cool on a wire rack.
Linking this to -
- New ‘U’ 2013 by Cooks Joy
- Bake Fest # 15 hosted by Sumee’s Culinary Bites
- Cooking with Love-Spouse guest hosted by Hema, event started by Sara
- Valentine’s Treat hosted by Cuisine Delights – from the original Spotlight Series
- Chocolate Lover by Daily Cuppa