I love Pinwheels. I have earlier shared my mom’s Pinwheel Sandwich recipe which I just love. I also plan to share another of my mom’s recipe – Pinwheel Kachori.
So my joy knew no bound when I came across this post of Pinwheel Cookies and they were eggless too! Perfect!
I lost little time and baked them for my sister along with Eggless Candied Ginger Biscotti & Eggless Checkerboard Cookies.
My kids loved them. My nieces loved them. I am most happy when my creations are eaten with enthusiasm by the younger generation.
Today kids are much more fussy then we ever were. So these cookies would please the kids to no end. Go ahead and enjoy!
Fun shape cookies. Pinwheel. Easy to make. Kid friendly.
- 3/4 Cup - Butter, unsalted & softened
- 1/2 Cup - Confectioner's Sugar
- 1/3 Cup - Sugar, granulated
- 1/2 Tbsp - Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups - APF
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 1/2 tsp - Baking Powder
- 1/8 Cup - Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- Using a wooden spoon, cream the butter until it's smooth. Stir in confectioner's sugar & granulated
- sugar. Add in vanilla extract. Blend well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture one third at a time, stirring after each addition. Until the dough is evenly blended.
- Set aside half of the cookie dough.
- Add the cocoa powder to the remaining dough and stir until it is fully incorporated.
- Place it on a plastic wrap, pat it into a 1/2 inch thick square. Wrap it in the plastic.
- Place vanilla dough on a plastic wrap, pat it into a 1/2 inch thick square. Wrap it in the plastic.
- Refrigerate both squares overnight for best results.
- Roll the doughs into 12" squares between 2 pieces of parchment paper.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper from both squares.
- Flip over vanilla square onto the chocolate sqaure.
- Lightly roll over with a rolling pin to make the 2 layers stick together.
- Taking one edge of the square, gently but firmly roll it into a log. Refrigerate overnight or for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease a baking sheet.
- Slice the prepared log into 1/4" thick cookies and bake them for 10 minutes. Serve cool.
minimally adapted from Sara
You can also use freezer for 10-15 minutes to shorten the process.
Copyright, 2014 Lemon in Ginger. All Rights Reserved.
Linking this to -
- Bake Fest # 27, originally started by Vardhini