I have been making a lot of DIY recipes at home.
So whenever an opportunity or idea strikes me, I do give it a try.
V & I are quite fond of Jalapenos and love the spicy flavour it adds to the pizza. It’s my go-to topping for almost every pizza I make.
Home-made Jalapenos | DIY | Basics
While I was shopping for vegetables one day, I suddenly thought of using the big-sized chilli to make Jalapenos. I love chilli fritters and have earlier pickled the chilli too.
Once the idea took hold, Google came in useful. I found easy homemade Jalapenos recipe and I was good to go.
The recipe is very easy and simple to make and requires some basic ingredient readily available in the pantry.
It is such a shame to use store-bought Jalapenos now! Seriously!!
I have used this in pizza, pasta, and just to munch on.
Home-made Jalapenos | DIY
Easy-peasy quick Jalapenos at home. Everyday pantry ingredients used to make this spicy treat.
- 7-8 - Large Chili, stems trimmed & sliced
- 1/2 Cup - White Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup - Water
- 2 Tbsp - Sugar
- 2 Tbsp - Salt
- In a saucepan, combine water, vinegar, salt & sugar.
- Heat to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar & salt.
- Add chili, and press them down so that it is submerged in pickling solution.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Using tongs or slotted spoon, transfer the pickled jalapenos to a clean jar. Ladle the picking juices over top.
- Let cool to room temperature and secure the lid. Store in refrigerator when not in use.
Source: Simply Scratch
They stay well refrigerated in a jar. Use them like you would any store bought ones.
Copyright, 2015 Lemon in Ginger. All Rights Reserved.
Sending this to –
Basics, Tips & Tricks