This post has been in my draft since Xmas. Using leftover is my Achilles heel.
I made this Iced Tea way back then but didn’t post as it was too wintery to enjoy Iced Tea.
I used up Candied Ginger Syrup already as Ginger Ale. It’s time to use the leftover from Candied Orange Syrup.
Orange Iced Tea
I am not a tea drinker. I rarely drink it. Ever.
So I was quite sceptical when I made this tea. But all my apprehensions were ill-found.
The tea is very refreshing and soothing as a Summer Cooler. It is perfect as on-the-go drink with goodness of citrus fruit in it.
Orange Iced Tea
It is quite simple to make too.
Over to the refreshing goodness.
An awesome way to use up leftover Candied Orange Syrup after Christmas Baking. Orange Iced Tea
- 3-4 Tea Bags/ 1 Tbsp - Loose Tea
- 1/2 Cup - Sugar Syrup
- 1/2 Cup - Lemon Juice
- Ice cubes
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Sprig of Mint
- Boil 2 cups of water, place loose tea in a Japanese closed strainer in it for 5 minutes.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the mix, and add sugar or lemon to taste. Pour this mixture into a pitcher.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Add sugar syrup. Stir this into the mixture.Adjust as per your taste.
- You can sprinkle sliced fruit with a bit of lemon juice.
- Add the fruits slices to the pitcher. Stir it around until the fruit mixes in with the black tea and floats evenly in the pitcher.
- Serve the tea. Pour the tea into a glass filled with ice. Add a sprig of mint to the top.
Loosely adapted from Wiki
You can replace oranges with any diced fruit like Peaches, Pineapples, Strawberries, Raspberries and Apples.
You can add more sugar if you like. We prefer mildly sweet only.
Copyright, 2015 Lemon in Ginger. All Rights Reserved.