When last week I was making Beetroot Focaccia, I had already prepared the pizza dough to be baked on 30th April, in celebration of Blogversary & our wedding anniversary.
My last attempt at pizza was very successful, so I was looking forward to making pizza. Everything has its place, less toppings are preferred but once in a while I enjoy a pizza loaded with toppings. And if toppings include roasted vegetables, no complains!
Roasted Vegetable Pizza with Par-Baked Crust
I roasted veggies and par-baked the base in the morning. And in 15 minutes I had awesome home-made pizza for dinner. It is a perfect way to hold a pizza party. I would love to do that.
There are 3 pizza dough, ready for V to bake as and when he desires during the time he is home-alone.
What is your pre-made food stocked for home-alone meals?
Roasted Vegetable Pizza with Par-Baked Crust | Home-Alone Meals
Roasted Veggie Pizza - A perfect weeknight or busy night dinner. It can be prepared in advance and frozen to be used when you want.
- Remove the dough from refrigerator, flour the counter generously. Stretch the ball with your hand. Allow the dough to rest for one hour. I found 1 hour was enough as the weather is very hot these days. But if you feel the need, you can rest for longer.
- Pre-heat the oven to 230 C.
- Generously sprinkle the baking sheet with semolina, slide the prepared base on it. Bake for 3-5 minutes, till the rounds are puffy and dry on the top, but still very pale.
- Allow the base to cool completely. At this stage you can freeze the base for future use with or without topping.
- On the day of baking, pre-heat the oven to 200 C.
- On a par-baked pizza base, spread the sauce, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, roasted veggies and and then remaining 1/3 cup cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes till the cheese melts and the crust browns. Serve hot.
minimally adapted from: Par-baked base and Roasted vegetable pizza
I was a bit conservative with cheese. You can go full throttle.
I left the dough resting for a little longer and it was too soft to handle and ended up being de-shaped while transferring to the baking sheet. But the taste was nevertheless too good.
Copyright, 2015 Lemon in Ginger. All Rights Reserved.
Sending the roasted vegetable pizza to
- Bake Fest # 31, an event originally started by Vardhini