I am recently back from my home and some of the future posts will be the ones my mom or sis made for me.
Chana Dal Ke Kebabs
These Kebabs is one such dish which my mom made for me. I have earlier posted Black Chane ke Kebabs and this time she treated to me Chana Dal ke Kebabs.
I must say I loved these as much as I love the other one. All they need really need is overnight soaking of dal.
These are perfect as party snacks or for a rainy evening. You can even half-fry them and freeze. When the mood strikes, remove them and deep-fry. Ta-da! The craving is satisfied instantly.
Party snacks or on a rainy day or just like that. These Kebabs are perfectly suited to any occasion.
- 100g - Chana Dal (Bengal Gram)
- 50 g – Roasted Black Chana
- ½” – ginger, finely chopped
- 2-3 – Green chillies, chopped
- a pinch – Aesofoetida
- 1 tsp – Roasted Cumin Seeds
- to taste – Salt
- Oil – for frying
- Soak the chana dal overnight. Wash and strain the dal thoroughly.
- Boil the dal with very little water and salt. Mash it using a wooden ladle coarsely.
- Grind roasted black chana and sieve it to remove black husk.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Adjust salt as per taste.
- Roll the prepared dough into small balls and slightly press them to flatten into discs.
- Heat the oil in a wok, deep fry the kebabs till golden brown. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
Source - my mother
If you think the batter is slightly loose, then add 1 Tbsp corn flour or gram flour (besan) to adjust consistency.
You can semi-fry the kebabs lightly and keep aside. When ready to serve then re-fry them till they are golden brown and serve hot.
Copyright, 2014 Lemon in Ginger. All Rights Reserved.