My mom made these rolls along with Chana Dal ke Kebab last month.
To say the least, they were absolutely gorgeous.
I loved them. Actually I love everything with corn. It’s quite one of my favourite ingredient/ food.
Just like Chana ke Kebabs you can prepare them in advance by half-frying them and when you are ready to serve, just deep-fry and serve.
Another party snack with corn and cheese. It is quite simple and easy to make-ahead.
- 150g of paneer, mashed (you can use cottage or ricotta cheese)
- 3 cubes of cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup of sweetcorn
- 1/4 cup of bell pepper, finely chopped
- 10 slices of bread (you can use whole wheat bread)
- 1 teaspoon of cornflour (cornstarch)
- salt & pepper to taste
For the Dough:
- Grind the bread into a paste with very little water.
- In a medium bowl, add bread paste, mashed paneer, salt & cornflour. Keep to the prepared dough aside.
For the Filling:
- In a thick bottom pan, dry roast the corn for a couple of minutes. Remove from flame.
- Add grated cheese, chopped bell pepper, salt and pepper
- Lightly wet your palm.
- Spread a small ball of dough on the wet palm. Pat it into a flat disc.
- Now, place filling onto the disc. Shape the roll by bringing the circumference of the flattened disc all round.
- Deep fry and serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
You can make this ahead and half-fry. At the time of serving, deep fry them completely.
You can use tofu in place of paneer.
They can be served as whole rolls or sliced from the center and served.
Copyright, 2015 Lemon in Ginger. All Rights Reserved.
A must try for all snack lovers.