Does My Blog Look Good in This | July 2015 Edition – DMBLGiT
The idea to include a co-host was to make the contest more transparent, more audience and more participation. For more details on co-host and July event, hop on here.
To recap, rules are simple and I will be putting them down again here for you. So don’t wait and send in your entries.
The specific things the judges will be looking for are as follows:
- Aesthetics: composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
- Edibility: “does the photo make us want to dive in and eat the food?”
- Originality: the photograph that catches our attention and makes us want to say “wow!”, displaying something we might not have seen before.
- Overall Winner: top overall scores in all three categories combined.
- There are three overall winners for photographs with the highest point totals in all three categories combined, and one winner in each of the three individual categories. So… ready to participate? To participate simply email me your best photograph you took in June ’15 using the submission instructions below.
How to Participate – Photo Submission Requirements:
- Send your photos as an attachment to dmblgit[at]learnfoodphotography[dot]com with Subject “DMBLGiT Jul 2015″. It is critical that subject of the email matched exactly to what’s mentioned above. You will receive an email confirmation of submission.
- Include this information in your photo submission:
- Your full name:
- Your blog name and URL
- Title of your photograph
- URL to blogpost where submitted photo is posted
- Agreement from you agreeing to let us display your photo on host website, learnfoodphotography.com and DMBLGiT contest gallery. We won’t use your photo for any other purpose outside DMBLGiT.
- Important: File format needs to be jpeg format and longest size should be no longer than 500 pixels. This means for horizontal or landscape format max 500 px width and for vertical or portrait format max 500 px height.
- Photo must not have any text.
General DMBLGiT Contest Rules:
- Only one entry per person. One photograph. No diptychs
- This photo should be taken and posted in the month of June 2015
- This goes without saying but I will say it anyway – you must have taken this photograph and should have copyrights to this photo.
- Entries must be received by July 20th at midnight C.S.T (Chicago Time) using all requirements described in the photo requirements section.
You can also refer here for any further clarification – Participant Information and FAQs.