Amaranth Chocolate Cake
Amaranth Chocolate Cake is an eggless cake using a mix of all purpose flour and amaranth flour. It is topped with Spiced Pear in white wine.
I am here with the Amaranth Chocolate Cake recipe which I promised in last week’s post.
Lately I have been seeing a lot of Gluten Free recipes using Amaranth Flour. Though we have no medical reason to follow a gluten or whole grain diet but V has started avoiding Refined (All purpose) flour with a vengeance.
He would eat also and then crib for feeling sleepy & not fresh due to eating refined flour.
I must say it was my first trial at using Amaranth & I loved it. I would be incorporating more of it in my baking now.
The taste was rich, soft & just perfect sweetness. I reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup as we prefer less sweet and I was going to top it with spiced pear in white wine.
Amaranth Chocolate Cake with Spiced Pear
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup amaranth flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup coffee concoction 1 cup boiled water + ½ tbsp coffee powder
- 3/4 cup castor sugar powdered
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree C. Grease & line a 5 inch mould.
- In a bowl sift all the dry ingredients except sugar.
- In another bowl mix all the wet ingredients along with sugar. Now fold dry ingredients into the wet. Pour this mixture into a greased tin and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down at room temperature.
- At the time of serving, top with spiced pear & sauce.