Besan ke Ladoo
Besan ke Ladoo is a dessert ball made with bengal gram flour, sugar, clarified butter and dry fruits roasted and rolled together. These ladoos have festive memories associated with each Indian household. They have the perfect mix of taste, nutrition and nostalgia.
Besan ladoos need no introduction, no background! I won’t be far off the mark, when I say that Indians grow up on these ladoos across regions, states and cities.
This is my take on these ladoos.
We add little semolina to give extra graininess to the taste & texture. Enjoy this festival & staple Indian snack.
Besan Ke Ladoo
- 1 cup besan coarse gram flour
- 1 tbsp semolina
- 2 tbsp ghee clarified butter
- 1 cup castor sugar bura
- In a thick bottom pan or wok, add ghee & besan. Now roast the besan till it starts emitting nice roasted aroma. Besan upon roasting leaves more ghee, so add ghee accordingly. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- When it is just lukewarm quickly add in castor sugar. Mix well.
- Roll small balls using hands. Serve with tea or coffee or as a dessert after dinner.