Hari Mirch ka Achar
Hari Mirch ka Achar or Instant Green Chili Pickle is love. Made with fresh green chilies instantly makes them a great addition to the meal.
I have memories of my father eating raw chilli daily with his food and I used to wonder as a child how he manages to do it.
Today I want to start the same habit but find it difficult to eat raw chilli. Instant green chilli pickle makes a close alternative. It makes me feel close to my dad.
Oh, how I miss you papa! There would never be enough words.
After using some recipes online and some of my own instinct developed in all these years, I came up with this recipe. When I make sometimes I use the proportion given in recipe, else I have even mixed leftover spice powder from red chili pickle. Both works well, whichever you prefer, you can use.
Perfect with food, easy to make and enjoy the quick tang.
Instant Hari Mirch ka Acha
- 100 gram fresh green chili
- 10 gram salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp split mustard seeds rai ki dal
- ½ tbsp fennel seeds coarsely crushed
- 1½ tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp asafoetida
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- Wash the green chilies ,discard the stems and wipe them well with a napkin. Slit from the center and make it into 2 pieces. Or you can just chop into big pieces.
- Add salt and turmeric to the sliced chillies. Set aside. In the meanwhile, heat mustard oil to smoking point. Allow it to cool slightly and then add rai ki dal. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Mix all ingredients together, stir well and store in a glass jar. Pickle can be used immediately. Store in refrigerator if you plan to use for few days. Stays fresh for 7-10 days.