Strawberry Scones are scones made with fresh strawberry puree. Scone is a small English quick bread of Scottish origin served with tea.
On Sunday I had V’s friends coming over for breakfast after their respective yoga class and I was wracking my brains to figure out what to serve. 1 hour of Yoga leaves one quite hungry. I wanted to prepare something filling and yet at the same time not the usual poha, idli stuff. These scones came in handy then.
Scone is a small English quick bread of Scottish origin served with tea. Since I have not been able to buy my loaf tin yet, I jumped at the option of baking anything other than a cake. :) I made many changes in the original recipe to suit my needs & ingredients. The result was quite good & different. I would love to try them again with some more variation.
The scones were really good and something new for all of us. I loved making it as much as they loved eating it. :)
I have never tasted treacle syrup, so do not know how sweet it is, we all like our sugar on the lighter side & felt it to be perfect. So if you are one of those with real sweet tooth & do not have access to treacle syrup then you surely would need to increase the sugar to atleast 50 g.
- 2 cup self raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 55 gram unsalted butter softened
- 30 gram sugar powdered
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp strawberry crush
- 100 ml milk to make a dough
- Sift the flour & baking powder together 2-3 times in a bowl.
- Rub in the butter.
- Mix in sugar & cinnamon powder.
- Add the strawberry syrup & milk to knead the dough.
- Roll onto a floured surface and knead gently. Dough should be quite moist. (Add milk as per requirement)
- Roll the dough about 2.5 inch thick & using a pastry cutter, cut into small rounds.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and brush with a little milk. Bake at 220 C for 10-15 minutes until golden, then cool on a wire rack.
- Serve split in half and buttered.