A deliciously rich and moist Mawa Cake for all those special occasion when you need to impress the older generation.
Servings: 7 inch round cake
- 100 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 200 gram condensed milk
- 100 gram khoya or mawa
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tbsp cashew powder or meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup blanched almonds for topping
- 100 ml milk
Line & grease 7 inch pan. Pre-heat the oven 180 °C.
Sieve flour, baking powder & soda together 2-3 times.
Mix all ingredients together except milk & blanched almonds. Add half milk and beat 3-4 minutes.
If required slowly add the balance milk.
Pour the mixture in prepared tin & decorate with blanched almonds on top.
Bake for 20 mins. Remove from pan & allow to cool completely.
- To blanch almonds place them in boiling water for about 1 min. Drain & immediately place them in ice-cold water to stop further cooking. Peel the almonds.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Toast almonds for 8-10 mins or until golden brown & fragrant. Allow them to cool & slice coarsely. Set aside.
- In absence of mawa - use 2 Tbsp heaped cashew powder + 2 tbsp heaped milk powder in addition to the quantity suggested above of cashew & milk powder. Or you can use Mawa Burfi in place of mawa.
- Baking time depends on quality of mawa & hence you should check after 20 mins for bigger pan size.