Guar ki Phalli
Guar ki Phalli is the dry preparation of vegetable and spices that are used in our daily food. This sabzi is the simple, comfort food we crave for at times. Cluster beans (guar ki phalli) are high on nutrient value and fiber content.
Servings: 4 people
- 250 gram of cluster beans guar ki phalli
- ½ tbsp mustard oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds jeera
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder haldi
- 1½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder dhania powder
- ½ tsp fennel seed powder saunf powder
- ¼ tsp dry mango powder amchoor
- a pinch asafetida hing
- to taste salt
Thoroughly wash the beans and pressure cook them with little water. Drain the water and allow them to cool. Gently peel off the side strand of each bean. It is a time consuming step but it's worth the effort. The beans will also split on their own from the centre.
In a wok, heat oil to smoking point. Add asafoetida, jeera, turmeric powder, red chili powder, fennel seed powder. Add the beans, sprinkle salt. Mix gently coating well with spices. Add amchoor, quickly mix and remove from flame. After the labour of love, enjoy hot with chapatis as side.
- This veg taste best when it’s quite spicy. You can adjust red chilli powder as per your taste.
- You can also add boiled potatoes to this recipe while roasting and enjoy.