Raw Sprout Salad
Raw Sprout Salad is made using raw sprouts, lots of veggies and crumbled ricotta cheese. It is a healthy snack or an accompaniment to your main course.
- 100 gram whole green gram moong sabut
- 100 gram black chana kala chana
- 100 gram moth
- 1 onion medium sized
- 1 to mato medium sized
- 1-2 green chili
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp crumbled ricotta cheese paneer for topping
- to taste salt & chaat masala
- fresh coriander leaves to garnish
Wash all the three lentils and pulses. Soak them overnight in a bowl filled with water. Next morning, pour the content of the bowl in a colander, thereby draining the water. Place this colander covered in a warm corner of your kitchen and allow the sprouts to germinate in 1-2 days. Keep a careful watch on them and every 12 hour rinsing the beans, help them stay fresh and reduce chances of mold formation. You can replace the colander with a fine mesh cloth or muslin cloth.
Once the sprouts germinate, transfer them to refrigerator. You can eat them straight away as well. Finely chop onion, tomato and green chillies. Mix all the ingredients, except paneer, together, shake them well. Top with crumbled paneer. Serve cold.
- You can replace the colander with a fine mesh cloth or muslin cloth.
- You get ready sprouts in the market too, I don’t buy them but it’s an easier option if you do not have time to sprout your own beans.
- My husband prefers them boiled, so occasionally I boil them and then add onion, tomato, chilli etc.
- Sprouts are very forgiving, and you can make them any way you wish. You can also add lot of other veggies to suit your taste like beetroot, cucumber, boiled and cubed potatoes, etc to name a few. Crumbled paneer or feta cheese is a nice addition as well.