Lettuce Romaine Salad
Lettuce Romaine Salad with Apple Cider Vinegar dressing, cherry tomatoes, steamed broccoli, zucchini and walnuts is a great way to fill your tummy.
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- ¼ tbsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2-3 leaves of iceberg lettuce coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup brocoli steamed
- ¼ cup sliced zucchini & yellow squash
- 2 tbsp cheese cubed
- to taste salt
Combine vinegar, olive oil, walnuts, basil, pepper and salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add remaining ingredients; toss gently to coat. Serve chilled.
The salad is very forgiving and you can substitute or add any thing as per your taste or preference.
I used apple cider vinegar as it was in the pantry, else balsamic vinegar will go very well with it.