Christmas Fruit Cake
Christmas Fruit Cake is a perfect cake for holiday season. Make the delicious Christmas cake without alcohol. If you are looking for non-alcoholic Xmas cake then this is it!
Servings: 1 loaf cake
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yogurt homemade curd
- ¾ cup sugar granulated
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp all spice powder garam masala
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ nutmeg grated
- 1 cup mixed dried fruits & spices dried fig, walnuts, raisins, black currants, dried cherries, candied ginger
- 2 tbsp coffee brew
Preheat oven to 200 C. Grease and line a loaf pan. Sift flour 2-3 times.
In a large bowl, beat the sugar and yogurt for 5 minutes on high speed. Add baking powder and baking soda, beat in on low, and allow to stand for 3 minutes. You will find that bubbles appear. Beat in the oil and vanilla extract to the curd mixture. Slowly add the flour in 4 lots, blending in well after each addition. Coat all the dried fruits in flour to avoid sinking to the bottom. Add them to the batter along with all spice powder, cinnamon powder, nutmeg and coffee liquid. Fold in gently
Pour batter in the prepared pan. Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 170-180°C and bake for 45 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Cool the cake for 30 minutes and then overturn onto a plate. Wait for at least 2 hours before slicing it, else it doesn't slice neatly.
- You can reduce quantity of nutmeg depending upon how strong the flavor you want.
- Coat all dried fruits in flour to avoid sinking to the bottom.
- Prepare coffee decoction by steeping coffee in water overnight.