Cold Coffee or Iced Frappe
Cold Coffee or Iced Frappe is the beverage of dreams. It’s rich, decadent, creamy and frothy. I learnt it from a very dear friend of mine and I liked it so much that I wanted to share it with you. It is made using basic ingredients like coffee, milk, sugar and some vanilla icecream.
- 2 cup full cream milk
- 3 tbsp sugar granulated
- 3½ tbsp instant coffee powder
- 150 gram vanilla icecream
- 4-5 ice cubes
In a blender, mix all ingredients and churn till the sugar is melted, roughly 4-5 minutes. Set aside the coffee mixture in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. .
In a blender jar add all the ingredients, milk, coffee, vanilla icecream, sugar and ice cubes.
Churn them in the blender for roughly 4-5 minutes or till complete sugar is dissolved.
Keep this churned coffee in refrigerator for around 15-20 mins and remove just before serving.
Serve chilled with another scoop of ice cream or chocolate syrup.
Relish you cold coffee in the hot summer season.
- Keeping aside the coffee for 15-20 minutes, really adds to the froth and creamy side of coffee. So I highly recommend it.
- You can use skimmed milk but it tastes better with full cream milk.
- If you prefer strong coffee flavour than you can increase coffee powder by 1 teaspoon.
- You may need to adjust sugar as per your taste. I usually go for mild sweet, so for me 3 Tablespoons of sugar was perfect.
- You can use vanilla, butterscotch, coffee or chocolate flavours of ice-cream.
- I prefer less ice cubes, so I added about 4 ice-cubes, you can add some more if you like. If adding more ice cubes then remember to increase coffee powder and/or ice cream scoop as you may end up having diluted coffee.