Marinated & Grilled Cauliflower roasted in Semolina is flavored cauliflower florets marinated and fried. The crunch of cauliflower and semolina once fried makes for a good combination with a dip like Tomato Sauce or Coriander and Mint Chutney. This snack is a delectable option for those rainy times when one craves some fried snack with their tea or coffee.
For me it has become a keeper recipe. I loved the crunchy & healthy taste of cauliflower. It is perfect as a snack or a finger food for a child. Thank you Archana for allowing me to visit your space and giving me this wonderful recipe. Hop on to her blog for some more simply amazing recipes.
Marinated & Grilled Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp yogurt homemade curd
- 1 tbsp semolina sooji
- to taste salt
- olive oil for brushing
- Clean & break the cauliflower into medium sized florets to allow uniform grilling.
- In a bowl, mix together all spices, curd & lemon juice. Add florets & mix them using a spoon or hand so that they are evenly covered with marinade. Cover with a lid & allow to marinate for few hours. I left it overnight. If you are leaving it longer then keeping it in fridge would save it from going bad.
- When you are ready to grill, add semolina and mix well. Spread the cauliflower in a baking tray or rotisserie, spread evenly & pour the marinate on top.
- Brush with oil lightly & grill on high stand/rack for 20-25 mins until done. In between turn the florets around so that they can be grilled from all sides.
- Serve hot with chutney. We had it as snack with drinks.
Nice twist Deepali. Will try this out too. Thanks for all the kind words I am honoured, touched and humbled all at the same time.
Never grilled cauliflower . This is new to me………am sure to try this out,Looks very inviting
nice recipe. me too blog hopping :)
Grilling done to perfection Deepali. Happy that you all loved it.
CEUNCHY AND CRISPY GOBHI IS SUPER
1S TIME HERE FOLLOW U HOPE THE SAME FROM UR SIDE
This looks fantastic ~ I would love to have some with a hot cup of coffee :D
wow, that is surely very very interesting. Absolutely love the recipe and your pic :)
Gobhi looks mouthwatering.
First time here and glad to subscribe you.
Invitation for a Potluck
Event – LGSS_Potato
Wow such a cool starter. Delicious.
a lovely and healthy starter and looking forward to have u on my blog :)
WWC – Oats in Baking
Grilled cauliflower looks yummy and healthy.