Besan ke Ladoo is a dessert ball made with bengal gram flour, sugar, clarified butter and dry fruits roasted and rolled together. These ladoos have festive memories associated with each Indian household. They have the perfect mix of taste, nutrition and nostalgia.
Check the blog for Gujiya/ Karanji/ Coconut Filled Hand Pies, Namakpaare | Short Crust Cookies and Dal Namkeen for more festive snacks.
Besan ladoos need no introduction, no background! I won’t be far off the mark, when I say that Indians grow up on these ladoos across regions, states and cities.
This is my take on these ladoos.
We add little semolina to give extra graininess to the taste & texture. Enjoy this festival & staple Indian snack.
Besan Ke Ladoo
- 1 cup besan coarse gram flour
- 1 tbsp semolina
- 2 tbsp ghee clarified butter
- 1 cup castor sugar bura
- In a thick bottom pan or wok, add ghee & besan. Now roast the besan till it starts emitting nice roasted aroma. Besan upon roasting leaves more ghee, so add ghee accordingly. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- When it is just lukewarm quickly add in castor sugar. Mix well.
- Roll small balls using hands. Serve with tea or coffee or as a dessert after dinner.
good one… i love them
I love besan ladoos. You are right this is one ladoo available across the lenght and breadth of the country
Oh oh! I am caught up with so many things here and now you have to tempt me with this. I want them now :(
Thanks Priya. I know what being caught up & being tempted with things around one means. I am right now just waiting for something to happen on lot of fronts together. It’s like just the calm before storm so know what you are talking about.. :)
Well, Ms. Confusion Cook you got me confused :))
I saw the photo first, then I red the ingredients and I tried to guess the method :) I quitted :)) Really, Indian cooking is so different and so interesting. It seems really healthy too (plenty of gram flour, seeds, integral flour…). Sure would like to try one of these balls :)
Thanks Jasmina. I feel the same way when I see some fantastic baking & slow cooker recipes. :)