Creamy Spinach Pasta is made using cream & spinach sauce. It was a wonderful & fork licking dish. The white sauce and spinach is perfect for tempting kids and adults alike.
If you have read my first few posts (Focaccia, Spaghetti & Eggless Tiramisu), you would know that Italian is a favorite with both of us & invariably we end up having it on all our special occasions. This time again for V’s bday, we circumvented to making Italian at home – we started with no Italian this time, to Italian again this time. Such is the love, what can we say!
Life is super hectic with work, blog, photography, kitchen, recipe development, kids and husband. There are many posts which I made few weeks ago but are getting a chance to be published only now.
Photography is about a single point of a moment. It’s like stopping time. As everything gets condensed in that forced instant. But if you keep creating these points, they form a line, which reflects your life. – Nobuyoshi Araki
My kids latest food obsession is pasta and he is loving it in both red and white sauce. He ate the pasta in red sauce with gusto few weeks ago and even this pasta cream pasta despite the spinach leaves he ate very happily.
For a mother, the biggest success is measured by the thumbs up of her kid. So this one is for sure a raging hit.
Pasta won hands down. Everyone loved the pasta & V also said that this is the best pasta I ever made.
Creamy Spinach Pasta
- 180 gram pasta of your choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ½ bunch fresh spinach chopped
- ½ small tomato cubed
- ½ tbsp dried basil use fresh if available
- 2 tbsp cheese grated
- ½ cup heavy cream
- to taste salt
- to taste fresh ground pepper & chilli flakes
- Cook pasta as per instructions on your package.
- Sauté onions in olive oil till golden brown.
- Stir in spinach, tomato, basil, chilli flakes, salt & pepper. Cook for another 5-8 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream & cheese. Allow the gravy to come to a boil.
- On low flame, add pasta. Mix well. Cook for 4-5 mins till uniformly heated. Serve hot with garlic toast.
- Most delicious pasta ever made. Spinach Cream Penne is a crowd pleaser.
- You can even use this cheese sauce if you do not want to make it heavy with cream.
I tried the same ingredients with gnocchi and the result was excellent…my son loved it.
Super. I am so glad to know.