Strawberry Crush Cake
Eggless Strawberry Crush Cake with Black Currant Jam is a great twist to our regular cakes. It is delicious, extra sweet and tangy.
Some varied bakes from the earlier days of this blog are Eggless Fresh Fruit Cake, Eggless Choco-chip & Oats Cookies, Eggless Brownie, Eggless Tutti Fruit Cake, Eggless Kaju Maawa Cake earlier. Last but not the least is Eggless Orange Cupcakes with Blueberry Jam.
I made this at my mother’s place & she didn’t have cupcake moulds, so I baked it into a cake by just increasing the timing. Also, my nephew and sister weren’t very keen on orange flavor, so I replaced it with Strawberry Crush & reduced the quantity. I’m posting the recipe with my changes in bracket.
Serve warm or cold as desired. We had it with a dollop of ice-cream. If you are sinning then don’t shy sin full! That’s my motto :D This recipe can be twisted & turned around to create many flavour cupcakes. I’m going to post some in near future
I have started to love this fruit only after marriage as V loves it in all forms & tastes. My elder sis also does but these things you adapt only after marriage. ;) I stay in a state known for it’s strawberry production and have enjoyed it over last few years. Since this is not a season of fresh strawberries, I’m using strawberry crush which has crushed strawberry in it.
Strawberry Crush Cake
- 175 gram all purpose flour I used 100 g
- 1½ tsp baking powder I used 1 tsp
- ¾ tsp baking soda I used 1/2 tsp
- 60 gram unsalted butter softened I used 45g
- 100 gram sugar powdered I used 65g
- ½ cup milk I used 75 ml
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 drops orange color optional
- ½ cup orange squash
- ⅓ cup orange crush I used 40 ml strawberry crush
- ½ cup blueberry jam I used ¼ Cup Black Currant Jam
- Pre-heat oven at 180 C. Line muffin pan or a desired pan if you are making cake.
- Sieve together flour, baking powder & baking soda.
- Beat sugar & butter well for 3-4 mins, add color & essence, if using. Beat again for a minute.
- Add dry mixture & milk alternatively, starting & ending with flour. Mix till uniform mixture.
- Now add crush or squash.
- Pour the batter in prepared muffin pan uptil 2/3rd level or cake pan.
- Bake for 15 mins for cupcakes & 35 mins for cake.
- Remove from pan & quickly insert jam in cupcakes using spoon. Bake again for 5 mins. I did the same step for cake. If you do not want to use jam then omit this step & bake directly for 20 mins for cupcakes & 40 mins for cake.
- You can use 1/2 tsp orange compound in place of color & essence in original recipe.
- To convert into any flavor cupcake using a crush, just omit color & replace essence with vanilla. Then go ahead use any crush.