Candied Ginger Cherry Biscotti is one of the best eggless biscotti you can find. Made with goodness of candied ginger combined with cherries is a great flavor bomb!
Some more biscotti recipes are – almond biscotti, cappuccino biscotti, ginger chocolate biscotti.
It is no secret that I love the flavour of candied ginger and candied citrus peel. And when this flavour is added to a cookie or biscotti it is always a winner. Last year too I made some candied peel and ginger and knew that I was going to use it up for biscotti.
Every time I use biscotti recipe by Joy of Baking but this time I wanted some change and adapted the eggless version from here to suit my taste.
I changed the recipe to suit ingredients available in my pantry. In place of sugar, I used jaggery powder, then replaced almonds and cranberries with candied peel and ginger, dried cherries and some tutti-fruiti.
I reduced the orange juice by ½ tablespoon as I felt that it may become too runny. After mixing all ingredients, if you feel that the dough is dry then you may add the remaining ½ tablespoon of juice. I didn’t need to.
The result was excellent, especially if you are sucker for bitter sweet taste. I am for sure. They were firm and crisp with just the right hint of flavour. A definite winner at our hands.
Candied Ginger Cherry Biscotti
- 2¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4½ tbsp +½ cup orange juice
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup jaggery powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or almond extract
- 2 cup mixed candied ginger, candied orange peel chopped finely
- 2 tbsp sugar powdered for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 5 tablespoons of orange juice and cornstarch in bowl; set aside. In another large bowl, beat jaggery powder, remaining ½ cup of orange juice, oil and extracts until fluffy or mixed well. Beat in cornstarch mixture, then flour mixture. Gently fold in candied dried fruits and peel or whatever you are using.
- Shape into 2 logs on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 35 minutes, or until light brown. Cool for 15 minutes on baking sheet. Slice into ½ inch thick slices. Return slices to baking sheet, and bake for another 20 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Cool them completely and store in an air tight container.