Eggless Vanilla Bundt Cake is a delicious everyday cake which you can give a party-makeover with a Chocolate Glaze. Kids and adults love it alike! This cake is also very versatile which can be made chocolate walnut cake or zebra cake.
Two months ago, my daughter turned 3 and like last year I was at my mum’s place. I intended to make it special for her by giving her a day to remember.
Since her birthday falls in the month of May, the schools are closed by then and most kids/ friends have left for their own vacations. So celebrating it in Pune or at mum’s place is no different. Every year I plan to throw a party once we are back and schools are in session and kids have come back from vacation, but somehow it has not happened yet for one reason or another.
So at mum’s place, I gathered cousins of my dear one and celebrated a small but happy wala birthday. :)
For the cake, I converted by multiple times tried and tested recipe into a vanilla bundt cake recipe and poured some warm chocolate over it. Since the weather was very hot and humid, the chocolate didn’t drizzle very well, but who cares the cake was fantabulous as expected.
This cake is specially a winner if any one isn’t very big fan of chocolate like my mother and 3-year-old nephew. They both and others enjoyed this cake to the hilt. I have made successful variations of this cake several times here and here.
This cake is for the win always. Every time.
Eggless Vanilla Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze
- 3 cup of all purpose flour sieved
- 2 cup yogurt homemade curd
- 1½ cup sugar granulated
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup olive oil
- 125 grams melted dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 200 C for 10 minutes. Grease and lightly dust an 8 cups bundt pan.
- Beat the sugar and yogurt for 5 minutes on high speed. Add baking powder and baking soda, beat in on low, and allow to stand for 3 minutes. You will find that bubbles appear.
- Beat in the oil and vanilla extract. Slowly add the flour in 4 lots, blending in well after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 200 C for 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 170-180 C and bake for 50 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 30 minutes and gently de-mold. Then place onto a plate.
- Melt the chocolate using double boiler or microwave using 30 second spurts till done. Once the cake is completely cool, pour melted chocolate on the cake.