Marinated and Grilled Cauliflower
Marinated & Grilled Cauliflower roasted in Semolina is flavored cauliflower florets marinated and fried. The crunch of cauliflower and semolina once fried makes for a good combination with a dip like Tomato Sauce or Coriander and Mint Chutney. This snack is a delectable option for those rainy times when one craves some fried snack with their tea or coffee.
For me it has become a keeper recipe. I loved the crunchy & healthy taste of cauliflower. It is perfect as a snack or a finger food for a child. Thank you Archana for allowing me to visit your space and giving me this wonderful recipe. Hop on to her blog for some more simply amazing recipes.
Marinated & Grilled Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp yogurt homemade curd
- 1 tbsp semolina sooji
- to taste salt
- olive oil for brushing
- Clean & break the cauliflower into medium sized florets to allow uniform grilling.
- In a bowl, mix together all spices, curd & lemon juice. Add florets & mix them using a spoon or hand so that they are evenly covered with marinade. Cover with a lid & allow to marinate for few hours. I left it overnight. If you are leaving it longer then keeping it in fridge would save it from going bad.
- When you are ready to grill, add semolina and mix well. Spread the cauliflower in a baking tray or rotisserie, spread evenly & pour the marinate on top.
- Brush with oil lightly & grill on high stand/rack for 20-25 mins until done. In between turn the florets around so that they can be grilled from all sides.
- Serve hot with chutney. We had it as snack with drinks.