Eggless Banana Marble QuickBread is a healthy breakfast made with whole wheat flour. A kid friendly option for breakfast or a tiffin snack. Kids also love the marble effect on top.
Some other banana recipes to use up over-ripe bananas or other quickbreads are here.
I am not a great lover of Bananas or Apples for that matter. But I hate wasting food more than the un-love of bananas. I had half a dozen bananas just going to the stage of over-ripening.
I had seen banana breads doing the round in blogosphere but had never made one. V had always balked at the suggestion. So this time around, I didn’t suggest, I simply made it while he was at work. And I knew he would have no reason to crib as this quickbread uses 100% whole wheat, bananas, chocolate and brown sugar.
I had him this time! Yipee!!! No better achievement than one-up your spouse!
I adapted the bread to suit my taste – added a hint of cinnamon, replaced all-purpose flour with whole wheat, reduced the sugar and replaced with brown sugar.
This quickbread doesn’t require fancy words as it was truly perfect in every sense. It tempts one and all – kids and finicky adults (read: hubby), healthy, beautiful to look at, low sugar. Great snack for kids in tiffin or after-school or with a glass of cold milk.
The bread is moist, tender and sweetness just about right. It was gone in minutes at my place.
I even got my first commercial order when my neighbour tasted this bread. She ordered 3 kgs marble cake for her office on the occasion of her birthday.
Try it and you will love it.
Banana Marble QuickBread
- 1 cup - Mashed Banana very ripe
- 1/2 Cup - Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp - Oil
- 1/3 Cup + 1 Tbsp - Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups - Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 tsp - Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp - Salt
- 1/4 tsp - Cinnamon grounded
- 3 Tbsp - Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- 6 Tbsp - Boiling Water divided
- Prepare boiling water in a pan. No need to measure yet.
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Lightly grease a loaf pan - 81/2 X 3 inch.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl, until relatively smooth. Spoon the mashed bananas into the measuring cup to measure and then return to mixing bowl.
- Beat in the brown sugar, oil, milk and vanilla.
- Add wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix gently. It is ok if some flour is visible. Do not overmix.
- Transfer 1 cup batter in a separate bowl. In a small cup, mix cocoa powder with 3 Tbsp boiling water and stir vigorously to achieve smooth consistency. Mix chocolate mixture into the separate 1 cup batter and mix well to incorporate.
- Add 3 Tbsp of boiling water to vanilla batter and mix till relatively smooth.
- Alternately scoop vanilla and chocolate batter with an ice-cream scoop or 1/2 cup into the prepared pan. Play with whatever pattern you wish to create. Once all the batter is in, just give quick nice swirl with a fork/ toothpick or knife.
- Bake for 52-55 mins. Allow to cool in tin for 10 mins and then remove. Eat fresh with milk or for kids as snack.
Congrats on the order. The marble bread does look wonderful. Definitely going to try this one!
Thanks Bhakti. :)