Corn Rolls are delicious snack and crowd pleaser. It is a great hit with kids too. Make them easily using sweet corn, cheese and paneer. It comes together in under 30 minutes.
To say the least, they were absolutely gorgeous.
I loved them. Actually I love everything with corn. It’s quite one of my favorite ingredient/ food.
Just like Chana ke Kebabs you can prepare Corn Rolls in advance by half-frying them and when you are ready to serve, just deep-fry and serve. Adding cheese makes the paneer and corn combo more delectable. I do not recommend skipping it as it lends great flavour.
A must try for all snack lovers.
- 150 grams cottage cheese homemade paneer, mashed
- 3 cubes cheese grated
- ½ cup sweetcorn
- ¼ cup bell pepper finely chopped
- 10 slices bread of your choice
- 1 tsp cornflour cornstarch
- to taste salt & black pepper
for the dough
- In a jar of the grinder, add the bread slices and grind the bread into a thick paste with very little water.
- In a medium sized bowl, add bread paste, mashed paneer, salt and cornstarch. Keep the prepared dough aside.
for the filling
- In a thick bottom pan, dry roast the corn for a couple of minutes. Remove from the flame. Do not dry the corn too much, else it will turn hard.
- dd grated cheese, chopped bell pepper, salt and pepper to the mix.
- Lightly wet your palm.
- Take a small ball of dough on the wet palm. Pat it into a flat disc.
- Now, place 1 teaspoon filling onto the disc. Shape the roll by bringing the circumference of the flattened disc all round.
- Deep fry till the dough turns golden crisp on medium flame. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
- You can make this ahead. For making ahead, half-fry and keep them aside. At the time of serving, deep fry them completely and serve hot.
- You can use tofu in place of paneer.
- Use bread depending on your choice – white or brown or wheat. Many people prefer using milk bread as the sweetness of bread adds to the taste of the corn rolls.
- You can even use left over bread slices for making this.
- You can replace paneer with boiled potatoes in the same quantity.
- Adding cheese makes the paneer and corn combo more delectable. I do not recommend skipping it as it lends great flavor.
- The rolls can shaped into a ball or rolled into rolls.
- A quick and easy snack for a party or hungry kids in the evening.
- They can be served as whole rolls or sliced from the center and served.