Corn Rolls are delicious snack and crowd pleaser. It is a great hit with kids too. Make them easily using sweet corn, cheese and paneer. It comes together in under 30 minutes.
My mom made these rolls along with Chana Dal ke Kebab last month. Other snack options you can try – kebabs, paneer tikka.
To say the least, they were absolutely gorgeous.
I loved them. Actually I love everything with corn. It’s quite one of my favorite ingredient/ food.
Just like Chana ke Kebabs you can prepare Corn Rolls in advance by half-frying them and when you are ready to serve, just deep-fry and serve. Adding cheese makes the paneer and corn combo more delectable. I do not recommend skipping it as it lends great flavour.
A must try for all snack lovers.
- 150 grams cottage cheese mashed, paneer
- 3 cubes cheese grated
- ½ cup sweetcorn
- ¼ cup bell pepper finely chopped
- 10 slices bread of your choice
- 1 tsp cornflour cornstarch
- to taste salt & black pepper
for the dough
- In a jar of the grinder, add the bread slices and grind the bread into a thick paste with very little water.
- In a medium sized bowl, add bread paste, mashed paneer, salt and cornstarch. Keep the prepared dough aside.
for the filling
- In a thick bottom pan, dry roast the corn for a couple of minutes. Remove from the flame. Do not dry the corn too much, else it will turn hard.
- dd grated cheese, chopped bell pepper, salt and pepper to the mix.
- Lightly wet your palm.
- Take a small ball of dough on the wet palm. Pat it into a flat disc.
- Now, place 1 teaspoon filling onto the disc. Shape the roll by bringing the circumference of the flattened disc all round.
- Deep fry till the dough turns golden crisp on medium flame. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.