Chana Dal ke Kebab is a protein rich starter or snack made with chana dal. The batter of bengal gram lentil is deep fried and served with coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
You can try other kebab options of kale chane ke kebabs or pan-fried kebabs.
I am recently back from my home and some of the future posts will be the ones my mom or sis made for me.
Chana Dal Ke Kebabs
These Kebabs is one such dish which my mom made for me. I have earlier posted Black Chane ke Kebabs and this time she treated to me Chana Dal ke Kebabs.
I must say I loved these as much as I love the other one. All they need really need is overnight soaking of dal.
These are perfect as party snacks or for a rainy evening. You can even half-fry them and freeze. When the mood strikes, remove them and deep-fry. Ta-da! The craving is satisfied instantly. :)
Chana Dal ke Kebab
- 100 grams chana dal Bengal Gram
- 50 grams roasted black chana
- ½ inch ginger finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilies chopped
- a pinch aesofoetida
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- to taste salt
- oil for frying
- Soak the chana dal overnight. Wash and strain the dal thoroughly.
- Boil the dal with very little water and salt. Mash it using a wooden ladle coarsely.
- Grind roasted black chana and sieve it to remove black husk.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Adjust salt as per taste.
- Roll the prepared dough into small balls and slightly press them to flatten into discs.
- Heat the oil in a wok, deep fry the kebabs till golden brown. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
Hmm! that seems to be yummy kababs!