Instant Okra Pickle is another instant pickle made with mango pickle and okra. My grandmother’s recipe for a truly authentic experience. Read on to know how to make this traditional way of converting any vegetable, or even a legume into a pickle.
Lately I have been very irregular with blog posts and even more with creating interesting recipes in my kitchen. There are lot of things keeping me occupied at personal front not to mention daily routine of managing two kids.
I have accepted the fact that I can not be highly active for some more time and I am happy with it. I will be posting as and when I get peaceful time to create, shoot and post recipes. Some may take it as low interest in blogging or social media, but I take it as maintaining work-life balance.
Before I make many more declarations, lets get back to this interesting pickle of ladyfinger/ okra or bhindi.
You are surprised? Even I was very much when my mother shared my grandmother’s recipe. She told my grandmother would make instant pickles from many seasonal veggies as well as legumes like chole, chana, etc. I was so intrigued with the concept of making an easy instant pickle without the least amount of effort.
Yes you heard it right. All you need to cleaned veggies in bite sized pieces and little bit of that old pickle you already have in your pantry and in less than two-three days, this amazing pickle is ready.
The pickle like any instant variety has low shelf life and needs to made in less quantity. You can refrigerate also if you wish.
Instant Okra Pickle
- ½ cup ready mango pickle
- 7-8 okra cleaned & sliced lengthwise
- In a glass jar or ceramic pot, spread a layer of mango pickle. Arrange few slices of prepared okra. Gently mix the okra to coat with pickle.
- Add another layer of mango pickle to cover the okra. Then arrange the remaining okra on top. Gently mix the okra to coat with pickle.
- Repeat with final layer of mango pickle.
- Set aside the jar for pickle to get ready for 2-3 days. Serve and enjoy.
- You can make instant pickles from many seasonal veggies as well as legumes like chole, chana, etc. using the same process.
- The pickle like any instant variety has low shelf life and needs to made in less quantity. You can refrigerate also if you wish.
- You can use replace mango pickle with any other pickle of your choice.