Chocolate Cupcakes with Rainbow Sprinkles are eggless cupcakes. These are first topped with homemade ganache and then with homemade sprinkles. These moist cupcakes are great for kid’s birthday party!
For Ved’s Birthday I felt my 9-inch Sachertorte would not suffice, so I decided to bake some cupcakes which can be handed over to the kids and create less mess than giving them slices.
I reduced the quantity of sugar. Also, after the addition of dry & wet mixture I felt the batter was too thick, so I increased the quantity of juice.
I spread some cooled ganache on top of it & decorated with home-made Rainbow Sprinkles. The sprinkles looked beautiful but slightly crushed when I picked them up. I have used them for the first time so can’t say if that’s how they always behave.
The cupcakes were very tasty & kids ate loads of them. It was worth all the effort put in. Ganache is going to be my favorite go to frosting for a kid party. :)
Chocolate Cupcakes with Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾-1 cup juice freshly squeezed
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liner.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, oil, vanilla & orange zest.Pour the dry mixture in the wet mixture & stir until just combined.
- Distribute batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & cool on a wire rack.