No-Bake Chocolate Strawberry Tart is a decadent tart made for those days when you don’t want to bake anything. It can be prepared in advance and sliced at the time of serving.
Make some more tarts from here – pasta tart, mousse cake, apple crisp.
Few months ago my friend Priya sent me this video on whatsapp and after watching it, I told her that she will have to make this with me and share the guilt of so much cream, butter, oreo and chocolate. :D
There has been continuous influx of strawberries at my place from Mahabaleshwar. It is much better and cheaper than what you get in local market. So making strawberry dessert is a reality this season.
As soon as Priya was back from her Christmas vacation, we made this tart from the video and our families were a happy lot. I even served it to my dinner guests and surprisingly they also like it very much.
The softness of chocolate and crispiness of the base really compliments each other well. The juices of strawberries was worth making this tart. I would love to try it out with other seasonal fruits soon. Though next time I would prefer slicing the strawberries into halves before placing them on tart.
No-Bake Chocolate Strawberry Tart
- 300 gram oreo cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 300 gram dark chocolate
- fresh strawberries for topping
- Prepare a round or circular tart pan of your choice. I chose round tart pan. Place oreo cookies in the jar of your mixer or processor. Grind them into fine powder. Now add melted butter, and grind them together to make a thick sticky paste. Scoop this cookie mixture into the prepared pan. Spread it evenly. Using the back of a spoon, press it down to make a uniform base. Allow it to freeze until you prepare the filling.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl, keep aside. Heat cream in a thick pan on low heat, do not allow it to boil. Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate. Allow it to stand for few minutes. Using a spoon or a whisk, stir it gently till the chocolate melts. The heat of the cream will melt the chocolate.
- Pour the ganache over the prepared tart base. Wash and clean fresh strawberries. Press them into the ganache. Allow the tart to set overnight or at least for 2 hours in refrigerator. When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and slice it. Enjoy.
OMG!!! This is super yummy dearie… :-)
Cheers, Archana – http://www.travelwitharchie.com
Just looking at the image made my mouth water like a river. Looks delicious!
Thanks :) Archana
I am glad it does. The taste is worth the drool. :D