Dominos Cheese Breadsticks are no-garlic sticks are better than Domino’s. A side bread which is as tasty as the original Dominos. The sticks are a must have on your dinner table.
Who doesn’t love Dominos Cheese Sticks? I believe it is a staple which all of us order as a side with our Pizzas. And now since I have started making pizza at home, it is obvious that I make the cheese bread sticks at home too.
Suhaina of awesome blog, My Singapore Kitchen, has many-many eggless bread recipes which are always bang-on hit.
I have earlier made pull-apart rolls from her recipe. And that recipe has been a keeper with lots of people loving it.
So I was quite sure these sticks would work too.
I made them to serve along with Whole Wheat Pizza, I posted last week. Healthy pizza with little indulgent cheesy sticks. Yumm!
I leave you with some decadent images and loads of cheese oozing sticks.
Dominos Style Cheesy Sticks
for the dough
- 2½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar granulated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
for the topping & filling
- 100 gram mozzarella grated
- 1 tbsp salted butter softened
- 1-2 tbsp italian seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper crushed
- 1 tsp parmesan cheese grated
- semolina to sprinkle on the work surface
- Start by bringing all the ingredients to room temperature if they were refrigerated. It's best to keep the refrigerated ingredients on the counter 30 minutes prior to baking.
for the dough
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ½ cup flour with the water, sugar and yeast and keep aside covered for 1 hour or till the mixture is bubbly.
- Add the remaining flour and rest of the ingredients to the yeast mixture. Knead to form a smooth and soft dough. You may add flour or water to achieve the smooth consistency. The dough shouldn't be sticky but should be very smooth and malleable.
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes and place it covered in a greased bowl in the fridge overnight for the flavours to develop (minimum 6 hours).
- When ready to bake, keep the dough out from the fridge for 1 hour.
assemble the sticks
- Divide the dough into two. Sprinkle the work surface with semolina.
- Transfer one portion of the dough onto a floured surface and roll it gently into a disk about ½ inch thick. Apply more flour but sparingly if the dough is sticky.
- Place half of the mozzarella on one side (semi-circle) and sandwich the mozzarella slice between halves of the circular dough disc.
- Turn over one half of the disk onto the other to form a semicircle.
- Place a parchment sheet in the baking tray, transfer the prepared semi circle dough onto the baking tray.
- Spread half the salted butter over the rolled dough and sprinkle the parmesan cheese, seasoning & crushed pepper over.
- Using a dough scraper, gently cut the semi-circle into sticks. Do not separate each stick but allow them to rise for 20 minutes in a warm place as semi-circle only.
- Repeat the same for the remaining dough and cover. Keep aside both doughs for 20 minutes.
bake the sticks
- While the sticks are proofing, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20 to 25 minutes, until the bread is golden brown. Don't allow them to become over brown or they will dry up.
- Serve warm with garlic spread or mayonnaise or simply have it plain with tea.