Hot Lemon Tea is your answer to a soothing and healing drink. Made with few drops of lemon juice, honey and just a hint of tea leaves. It is refreshing as well. It’s a sure shot solution to sniffles and cold for me.
I not a tea drinker at all. Marriage, kids, job, everything failed to convert me to a tea drinker.
I occasionally enjoy coffee. Rather, that occasion has been turning to frequent lately.
I gotta watch that!
Then how come I am posting a tea recipe. This is not my first tea recipe here, few months ago I posted Iced Orange Tea. I too have aberrations.
Hot Lemon Tea is my go-to drink when ill specifically with cold & cough. It immediately gives relief. And when I am visiting people and they insist on serving me tea, I ask for lemon tea. So this comes as a perfect relief in those situations too. :)
It is the healthiest tea with hardly few tea leaves, little sugar, boiled water & some drops of lemon juice.
With oncoming winter do take time to have a sip of this and trust me, you will be a convert.
In other news, I have been begging, borrowing and buying lot of props. So trip to in-laws place during summer, made me ask my MIL for an old knife she was using, she was so thrilled that she happily took out some other old utensils from her repertoire and offered them to me.
This vintage silver tea set is one such. She was intending to donate it to the local temple trust as it was of no use to her, I begged her to give it to me and she did.
So here it is.
Hot Lemon Tea
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp tea
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1½ cup water
- Boil water and sugar together in a small pan.
- Add tea leaves and switch off the flame. Cover the pan and allow the leaves to steep for a minute.
- In the meanwhile, divide the lemon juice in 2 cups.
- Now strain half the tea-water in 1 cup and the remaining in 2nd cup. Stir and serve warm
- You can add some Indian Basil (Tulsi) leaves on top while serving.
- Adjust the sugar as per your taste.
- You can also replace sugar with honey if you like.