Mango Spring Cake is delish, moist, and filled with mangoes. The base is a white cake filled with chopped Alphonso mangoes and a melt-in-the-mouth taste. It is perfect for spring and summer. Every bite is decadent and refreshing. Check out more mango cakes here – mango rose cake, white cake, and others.
I have used my white cake recipe as a base and filled it with chopped mangoes. Then frosted with whipped cream in spring colors.
It is then iced with roses of different colors. You can fill and frost it as per your choice.
To color whipping cream: First whip the cream to stiff peaks, Divide the cream into different batches as per the number of colors you want. Now add 1-2 drops of desired gel color to each batch. Using a spatula or a spoon, mix the color.
Cover the bowls with cling wrap and set them in the refrigerator overnight to absorb the color and deepen in shade. This step is desired for a better and even tone of color.
When you are ready to frost, remove each bowl as desired and apply colored whipping cream onto the cake.
I made this cake for my daughter’s birthday at the onset of the first lockdown 3 years ago in 2020. Life got in the way and I had to put the blog aside and focus on lot of other things. As you now know, I am back with lot of new stuff and videos and photos. So stay tuned.
The cake is a winner always. Soft, moist, and refreshing with every bite.
Mango Spring Cake
- Preheat oven to 170 °C. Grease and line an 8 inch round pan.
- In a large bowl, combine together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a separate small bowl, mix curd or buttermilk, oil, vinegar, vanilla extract and apple sauce.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl until just mixed. I added another teaspoon of curd to adjust the consistency.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or till the tooth pick inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely in the pan before de-moulding.
- Freeze the layer till further use. Bake 2 more layers.
- Assemble and decorate as per your choice.
- This recipe makes 1 layer. Repeat this process to get 3 layers.
- Frost and fill as per choice.