Roasted Vegetables is a extremely delicious and healthy dish made with assorted veggies sprinkled with olive oil, salt and pepper and then baked. It is a great starter or a complete meal for easy and light evenings.
I was introduced to roasted tomatoes, potatoes and other vegetables post marriage, when we stayed & visited some of the best hotels like Neemrana in Rajasthan, Neemrana in Ramgarh or Club Mahindra Resort in Goa. That was another lifetime!
Since then I love grilled or roasted veggies, though I never attempted them earlier. Now these roasted veggies are a regular feature here.
It is such a colorful sight. Absolutely delish. And putting it together is so simple.
How do you like your vegetables?
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small eggplants chopped into cubes
- 1 red pepper chopped into cubes
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- to taste salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 C.
- Toss prepared veggies in olive oil. Spread them on a baking sheet or roasting pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes till tender, turning over once in between. Do not overcook.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper to taste. Serve warm and enjoy.