Pickled Jalapenos is a must-try! Store the big chilies in a vinegar and sugar syrup for long shelf life and enjoy a better than store bought experience.
I have been making a lot of DIY recipes at home.
So whenever an opportunity or idea strikes me, I do give it a try.
V & I are quite fond of Jalapenos and love the spicy flavour it adds to the pizza. It’s my go-to topping for almost every pizza I make.
While I was shopping for vegetables one day, I suddenly thought of using the big-sized chili to make Jalapenos. I love chili fritters and have earlier pickled the chili too.
Once the idea took hold, Google came in useful. I found easy homemade Jalapenos recipe and I was good to go.
The recipe is very easy and simple to make and requires some basic ingredient readily available in the pantry.
It is such a shame to use store-bought Jalapenos now! Seriously!!
I have used this in pizza, pasta, and just to munch on.
Homemade Pickled Jalapenos
- 7-8 large chilies stems trimmed & sliced
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar granulated
- 2 tbsp salt
- In a saucepan, combine water, vinegar, salt & sugar.
- Heat to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar & salt.
- Add chili, and press them down so that it is submerged in pickling solution.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Using tongs or slotted spoon, transfer the pickled jalapenos to a clean jar. Ladle the picking juices over top.
- Let cool to room temperature and secure the lid. Store in refrigerator when not in use.
Will surely try it. You saved me a lot of money !
Hey Thanks. Let me know what you feel about it!
wow! Mooh mein paani aa gaya sun ke :)
Hey thanks. Heheheh!
These look interesting and the family loves jalapenos too. Thx for linking.