Choco Lava Cake is a chocolate lover’s gooey dream. It is full of decadence in each bite. The melt in mouth appearance combined with liquid chocolate center is da bomb!
In the beginning of new year I posted my Bake-To list on Instagram, if you do no follow me on Instagram then you can do here to check the stories, ideas, and a glimpse in my personal life.
I think the choco lava cakes have been in my, sub conscious mind, to-bake for a many years. But I only made it when I put it on a piece of paper. The power of word and committing.
The process is very simple – either you under-bake your cake/ cupcake or you insert a small ball of truffles or even big piece of chocolate which will melt with heat and will ooze out when you slice through the cake. I preferred the latter. Though the first creation of lava cakes was due to unintentional uncooked batter, it is believed.
My kids loved these. For them oozing chocolate was the ultimate in chocolate magic.
Go on, don your baking hats and make these melting cakes for one and all!!
Choco Lava Cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup yogurt homemade curd or buttermilk
- ¾ cup sugar granulated
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 chocolate truffles
- Preheat oven to 200 °C. Grease ramekins or individual paper cups/ molds. Sift flour 2-3 times.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and yogurt for 5 minutes on high speed. Add baking powder and baking soda, beat in on low, and allow to stand for 3 minutes. You will find that bubbles appear. Beat in the oil and vanilla extract to the curd mixture. Slowly add the flour in 4 lots, blending in well after each addition.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter in the cup and place one truffle ball and gently push it in slightly. Top with batter till ⅔ level. Bake at 200 °C for 5 minutes, reduce temperature to 170 °C and bake for 5-7 minutes. The cupcakes should be firm from outside but slightly wobbly from inside if you move the tray. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Gently turn upside down and de-mould on a serving plate, serve of scoop ice-cream, strawberries or just dusting of powdered sugar.