Bathua ka Raita is a refershing yogurt dip made using fresh green bathua paste. Also known as Lamb’s Quarters Yogurt Dip. It’s usually consumed with a spicy tadka on top.
Try more raita or yogurt dips like boondi raita.
A weed turning into a lovely dish is not unheard of. Mushrooms also fall in category of edible fungi.
Though I have been eating Lamb’s Quarters Yogurt Dip for as long as I remember, I never knew it was a weed, till I started writing this post. Blogging has taught me so much about so many things and it conitnues to amaze me with the knowledge I can gain.
You can actually make ahead Lamb’s Quarters paste ready and stored in refrigerator. Just add it to the curd whenever you want, along with some dry spices and you are good to go. It’s so simple.
Even right now I have few spoonfuls in my refrigerator, ready to be served. :)
Bathua ka Raita
- Clean & wash Lamb’s Quarters bunch very well. Grind it into a paste.
- Whip the curd until it becomes uniform. Add water. Mix well.
- Now add 1½ tbsp Lamb’s Quarters paste. Again mix well. Add salt.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the cumin seeds & chili powder. Temper the yoghurt mixture with it. Here you can dry roast the spices instead of using the oil.
- Garnish with dried mint leaves Serve cold and enjoy.