Homemade Coriander Powder is the simplest and easiest recipe which only needs two ingredients. Everyday pantry ingredients make this spice and it is ready to be used in all your cooking. Find more homemade masalas here like garam masala.
My mother, the grandmother, and ladies of extended families prefer making coriander powder at home and not using store-bought. I follow the same.
You just need to take coriander seeds and fennel seeds in equal quantities and grind them together. That’s it! The homemade coriander powder is ready. You can grind it coarse or fine as per your choice.
We prefer mixing fennel seeds as it soothes the gut after a meal. Easy peasy 2-ingredient recipe in a jiffy!
Homemade Coriander Powder
- 100 gram coriander seeds
- 100 gram fennel seeds
- Clean both seeds for any spoilage, weevils, etc.
- Transfer the seeds to a small jar of the grinder and grind till fine powder.
- Transfer the powder to an air-tight container and store it for future use.
- You can grind it fine or coarse based on your preference.
- You can only grind coriander seeds if you wish. We prefer to mix both fennel and coriander together.
- I take out a small portion into masala dani and use it daily. This keeps the flavor intact of the remaining masala.