Tender Coconut Ice Cream is a delicious, and refreshing ice cream made with fresh tender coconut. The flavors was perfect and something I urge you to attempt.
Mint & Choco-chip Ice-cream is on my text to-do list. I felt that this was something I have never done before & the recipe was easy enough for someone like me to replicate. However, I did make slight changes – I replaced choco chips with tender coconut & added vanilla essence for just the hint of flavor. Also I doubled the recipe & increased tender coconut as per my needs. I also added coconut before blending rather than after blending as it would give a uniform taste of coconut in the ice-cream. But if one is using choco chips then they have to be added later.
Serve chilled with wafers or in a waffle cone. The ice-cream was very good, with just a little hint of refreshing peppermint complimenting tender coconut beautifully. Also, it had perfect sweetness – just the way we like it. Though little ice-crystals were formed, the reason for which I have to do some R&D on, the ice-cream was still a hit. If any of you are aware why it happened & how to avoid in future please suggest.
Our friends had their 3rd Anniversary last week & we enjoyed this ice-cream with them to celebrate. Also she loves tender coconut so it became a perfect gift for them from us.
Tender Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 litre full fat milk
- 8 tbsp sugar granulated
- 2½ tbsp cornflour
- 200 gram fresh cream
- 4 tsp peppermint crushed
- 8 tbsp tender coconut finely chopped
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Drink a coconut. Ask the vendor to remove & give you 'malai' or tender flesh of coconut. Bring it home, chop it into fine pieces. I loved writing this step.
- Dissolve cornflour in 50 ml milk & set aside.
- Boil the remaining milk in a thick bottom pan. When it is boiled, add cornflour-milk slowly, stirring continuously. Now add sugar & mix till uniform.
- Simmer for another 4-5 mins, continue stirring.
- Remove from flame and allow to cool completely.
- When cool, add the cream, vanilla essence, peppermint & tender coconut. Mix. Transfer to a shallow container & freeze till slushy – about 7-8 hours.
- Divide the ice-cream in 2 batches & churn each batch separately in a blender till smooth. Transfer back to the shallow container.
- Freeze till set completely.
- The coconut flesh should neither be too firm nor too soft.
- You can use peppermint candy like polo or minto.
This looks refreshing!!!! Nice addition of coconut too ;)) Must try it this way next time…And for the ice crystals..you need to store the icecream in a plastic container..Storing in steel etc will cause ice to form..And then some add CMC, GMS etc will also gives a smooth texture but i try and avoid such ‘complicated’ ingredients…And btw..thank u for the kind mention :))
Ice cream looks so yummy.Loved this idea of using tender coconut.
what an yum combo- looks really good !
coconut in icecream sounds great and very innovative Deepali.
ooh ! looks yum ! and happy to follow you on this space too, Deepali :-)
lovely to run the Bloghop along with u !
Current Event: Fasting Foods(Vrat ka Khaana Special)
Last two days – Send in your carrot based dishes
Icecream looks divine n ultimate..
Thank you ladies for such lovely comments. I would like to admit that tender coconut ice-cream is not a very innovative idea as it is widely available here (Mumbai/ Pune) & is a favorite with most people I know. I loved making & having it! Thank you again.
ice cream is wonderful.
Wow ice cream looks divine. Im really a sucker for home made ice creams. Surely have to give this a try.
I so want to eat that right now, looks so tempting.
tempting indeed!!n actually a nice combo…
wow!!!!!!!!!!!can’t blieve that it is made without the ice cream maker……..looks super delicious………..