Mango Pudding is a no-bake dessert made with vanilla ice-cream and a cake of your choice. This is a make-ahead dessert for a party. Put together this dessert quickly using any cake you made in advance or a store bought one. Similarly ice cream can be homemade or store bought as well.
Just to refresh our memory, I baked an Eggless Mango Cake with Mango Sauce about 2 weeks ago. I had some sauce leftover and I wanted to relish the mango season to the fullest so I didn’t wait long to enjoy it again.
I was not in mood of much effort, one of my lazy days :). So I baked the mango cake using the same recipe (for detailed recipe of cake & sauce visit the earlier post), ordered some vanilla ice-cream from nearby general store & used left over mango sauce and voila! A delicious pudding was rustled in an hour. :) This is what I call quick service. I love myself sometimes. hehehehe :D
Best sin, better than chocolate. God made mango and gave us a trip to heaven every year. I’ve decided to use mango season some more and relish it. And goes without saying I’ll share them with you, virtually of course ;)
- Once the cake is cooled, chop it into bite size pieces.
- In a bowl, place the cake pieces and mix in the cherries. Add the ice-cream scoops and quickly mix.
- Add half the sauce and stir in. Chill.When serving, pour mango sauce over and serve chilled.
- 2 mangoes medium sized
- ¼ cup orange juice fresh
- ¾ cup sugar granulated
- Peel & deseed mangoes. Puree the mango pieces in a food processor.
- In a heavy bottom pan, mix together all ingredients.
- Cook on low flame stirring often until the sauce reduces by one-third and begins to thicken nicely. Allow it to cool.