Twice Baked Potato is a delicious take on potatoes. A bit sour, spicy, tangy & really tasty. Baked skin of the potato is an added bonus. The best part is the goodness & richness of potato. A keeper recipe for me.
More easy baking recipes like savoury tomato zucchini tart, focaccia, olive bread.
“In photography & madness there are no principles”– Raghu Rai
I made Twice Baked Potatoes not long ago. We celebrated new year with them.
V wanted them again.
What V wants, V gets!
Does he? Doesn’t he? Two different view points we share. Blame it on matrimonial harmony!
Coming back to twice baked potatoes, last time I baked them using hung curd mixture, this time I used the potato filling mixed with potato scooped from inside.
The result for delicious and very filling.
Though the baking time is high, I find it needs minimum work and perfect for parties. It is truly a crowd pleaser.
While photographing the potatoes, I thought setting it formally, not sure it worked here. V didn’t like it much.
It’s been 2 months since I clicked these, but when I look at my images of today and this one, I definitely feel I could have done better.
What do you think?
Twice Baked Potato
- 2 potatoes large
- 2 tsp butter
- 3 tbsp paneer grated
- 3 tbsp hung curd
- 1 tsp gram flour besan
- 1/2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 green chili chopped
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven at 190 C. Scrub both the potatoes well. Prick them with fork multiple times.
- Bake them on a wire rack for 90 minutes or till tender. Cool the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, mix all the ingredients except butter in a bowl.
- Split the potatoes lengthwise into half. Scoop out the tender potato leaving just little thin shell. Keep aside the scooped potato.
- Fill the potato shells with the prepared filling with a heaping mound. Dab little butter on top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 190 C. Serve with chopped coriander.
They look really comforting.