My sister has some tricks up her sleeve for achieving good results in cooking, which she learnt after she had a small kitchen accident and got burnt.
Earlier she taught me how to make soft dumplings for gravy, this time she shared her trick for getting those round Vadas with perfect hole in them.
I didn’t achieve perfect shape like her’s but I know with practice they will be round & sweet Vadas.
Easy Tip to Make Vadas
- Vada Batter
- Use a steel strainer. Keep water in a small bowl.
- Heat oil for frying.
- Dip your fingers in water & spread a small patch on back of the strainer.
- On this patch quickly, put a blob of batter.
- Dip 1 finger in water and make small hole into the blob.Immediately turn the strainer on the wok (close to the level of oil) & allow the batter to fall into the oil.
- Ensure that the distance is right – not to far as to cause splash of hot oil or close enough to fry the vada while being stuck to strainer.