Lettuce Romaine Salad with Apple Cider Vinegar dressing, cherry tomatoes, steamed broccoli, zucchini and walnuts is a great way to fill your tummy.
Couple of weeks ago, we had planned a holi potluck for breakfast with our cooking club group. Unfortunately it got postponed but by then I had already ordered ingredients for some savoury muffins. So what to do with so much at hand? I decided to make few salads/ roasted herb tomatoes and have a healthy week.
I am not really a salad person but slowly and gradually I am exploring with what I have and what I can do. I just threw in the ingredients at hand with a liberal dash of olive oil and have a winner at hand. V also loved it.
It’s a cold salad, so all you need is little steamed broccoli and everything else can be put together in a jiffy for a great taste. I used apple cider vinegar as it was in the pantry, else balsamic vinegar will go very well with it.
Lettuce Romaine Salad
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp walnuts
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- ¼ tbsp black pepper freshly ground
- 2-3 leaves of iceberg lettuce coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup brocoli steamed
- ¼ cup sliced zucchini & yellow squash
- 2 tbsp cheese cubed
- to taste salt
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, walnuts, basil, pepper and salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add remaining ingredients; toss gently to coat. Serve chilled.